Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Data Driven Decision

      Data Driven Decision is a system of teaching and management practices that gets better information about students into the hands of classroom teachers. It requires an important day-to-day shift for teachers on instruction that emphasize the process and delivery to the classroom. To have effective data-driven essentials in the classroom, you as a teacher needs to know the five elements, which are as follows, good baseline, instructional goals, formative assessment, learning communities, and focused instructional intervention. Without knowing these five elements, the data driven decision will not be a success in your classroom.  Everyday teachers collect data, no matter where you are. You could be doing something where your not even looking for it and it will be there.

     In my hypothetical classroom I will most definitely be using data to make some of my decisions if not all. First I will get a baseline and see where each student stands. This will then give me a boost on how I should start planning my data. After this I will than have some information to make decisions. I can use this data to improve my students learning and to keep track of the best way of teaching the material. Using data will show me what works and if it doensnt work then I can change my style in a way to improve my students learning. Another reason why I would use data in my classroom is so that it will be at hand if a student has a question. There are many ways you can use data decision making in a classroom, and I feel that knowing how to do so is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment