Monday, October 4, 2010

Desktop Publisher

In the article Desktop Publisher, they talked about how these tools are useful in the classroom. The article gives teachers ideas of how to produce a varity of assignments and projects.  Some examples are making posters, writting a newsletter and developing a newspaper.  However these are great ideas, to some they may be useless in the learning process, because not everyone learns the same way. 

 When we were talking the other day in class about desktop publisher I was not aware of all the different opportunities. I tend to stick to one publisher and thats usually Microsoft Word.  After reading this article and talking about desktop publisher in class, I realize there is alot out there.  Although I think it is great that we as teachers get a chance to use these tools and gives us a chance to open up new opportunities to students, I feel as though this should not be the only option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment